The Montessori Toddler Classroom is a unique environment where the scientifically designed Montessori Materials are carefully placed in the prepared classroom environment to encourage the child to take the opportunity to work freely, helping them to gain self-confidence and independence.
The prepared classroom environment in the Montessori Toddler Classroom is designed to promote Cognitive, Social-Emotional, and Physical development.
The Montessori Toddler Classroom at DMS is filled with opportunities for children to practice eye-hand coordination, appreciate the senses through music appreciation, artistic expression and kinesthetic activities. Goal is to provide the children with a foundation that includes a positive attitude towards school inner security and a sense of order.
Curriculum in the Montessori Toddler Classroom includes:
- Fine and Gross Motor Skill Development – Hands on activities and outside play
- Cognitive Development – Activities to recognize shapes, colors, letters and numbers
- Language Development – Phonetic letters and sounds, writing, tracing and pre-tracing activities, reading, and story time activities
- Math and Number Skills – Recognition of numbers, counting
- Art and Creative Development – Coloring, painting, cutting, pasting crafts
- Music and Movement Development – Listening to music, song memorization, word repetition
- Imaginative and Co-operative Play – Positive attitude building, team work, independent effort