The Montessori Kindergarten Program at DMS consists of a curriculum inclusive of language and literacy, math, social studies and science.
Curriculum in the Montessori Kindergarten Program includes:
- Social Studies – History and Geography of the world and the United States.
- Science Activities – Hands-on experiments and introductory knowledge of the world of science, with a focus on the biology of plant and animal life.
- Language and Reading Skills – Reinforced and emphasized in this class through free-hand writing and review of phonics books.
- Extracurricular Activities – Computer Science, Arts and Crafts, Music, Drama and Dance
- Spanish as a second language will be taught during the academic portion of this program.